Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I enjoy boxing. I like the feeling of power-the power within myself. I have no desire to hurt anyone or to get hurt. But I would LOVE to be able to put my gloves on and just let someone have it. I'm still working on the inside as well as the outside. I got to thinking this morning about the desire to have a man in my life. I want a man to share my life with. But I have to get past the NEED to have a man in my life. I realize that most of my emotional comfort as a child came from men. My mother is a loving wonderful person, truly the best. When I was young, my younger brother had severe health issues requiring my mother's undivided attention. My care was left to my older brothers and father. My biological father passing when I was only a year old. From what I understand he loved me more than anything. I was his little doll, his little princess. He didn't like my brothers, but adored me. After he passed, my mother married a great man. He adopted us all and treated us like his own. He's the only father I have ever known. In my young years, he worked a lot and eventually went back to school while working full time. He also drove a tractor trailer requiring him to be away from home for days or weeks at a time. I grew to be very close to my dad. I enjoy sports which gave us a close bond. I probably sat in his chair and snuggled with him until I got married. I like guys. I have always had better relationships with them than with females. But the NEED to have one always there, no matter the condition of the relationship is unhealthy. I am hoping that as I learn why I am the way I am, I will be able to change and become self reliant, healthy, happy, centered, strong- able to stand up for myself and others. I will get there. I have made tremendous strides so far. It's an exciting yet stressful journey. - one that has been long over due.

1 comment:

C2 said...

Love reading your blog Sweets.... :)

xoxo