Thursday, October 23, 2008

Myself

I do believe you have to love yourself. It makes it tough for other people to love you if you don't. I believe you should treat yourself the same way you would treat others. If you wouldn't want your daughter being in a hurtful relationship, that why would it be ok for yourself. If you wouldn't tell your son he's fat, why would you look in the mirror and tell yourself you're fat. If your friend isn't feeling well, would you expect them to do the grocery shopping or clean their house? No, you would expect them to get some rest. So why then do we do that to ourselves. Is it that we don't love ourselves the way we love others? If it is, than that needs to change. God loves us- and we should love ourselves. I know that as long as I have my Heavenly Father in my corner I can continue to fight. No matter how much I hurt, I will be victorious and He will be there to encourage me, pick me up when I am down and celebrate with me when it's over. I know He's there- ALWAYS. I just have to listen to Him and do what He says. I do love myself, I even like myself. I have done some rotten things in the past, I still make mistakes. I am trying to get it right. I do for the most part. but the best thing is that I continue to work on it. Work on my to be the loving daughter my Father in Heaven wants me to be.

1 comment:

C2 said...

I don't think we should forget everything we have learned and make the same mistakes we have made in the past. There is a reason for the things we have been through. Obviously, we learn and grow from those experiences. Hopefully we don't just forget everything we have learned, good or bad. But when God says, forget the past, he is talking about our tendency to live in the past and to let the past have an undue effect on the present and future. Don't fret about what was, live for today and do the best you can and YES love yourself. God loves you and expects YOU to love yourself. :)